Overseas Qualified Lawyer

If you've qualified outside England and Wales, you may be eligible for the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS). This involves taking all or part of the Legal Practice Course, depending on where you qualified, before starting a two-year training period. During your training, you'll need to pass the QLTS exams.

This route gives you wide experience and commercial exposure to enable you to develop the skills you need. We'll provide financial support for the exams and training, as well as study leave.

To find out more, visit the SRA website.